Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Are you having recurring nightmares or flashbacks due to a past traumatic event? Do you suddenly, unexpectedly relive the traumatic experience? Have you tried to force yourself to block out disturbing thoughts? Is it causing you stress, anxiety and exhaustion? Do you feel numb or detached? Symptoms of trauma and PTSD include depression, chronic pain, and problems with relationships, substance abuse, and other self-destructive thoughts or feelings.
Therapy can help you:
- Recognize when you are in an activated state
- Identify triggers
- Process your past traumatic experiences and work through charged emotions
- Obtain tools that will ease your anxiety and calm your mind
- Learn to become less reactive to and better manage your thoughts, feelings and body sensations
- Develop a network of support
Using holistic mind/body treatment modalities such as eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) and somatic experiencing (SE) when appropriate I can facilitate the processing of dysfunctionally stored traumatic memories and experiences and restore you and your nervous system to health, regulation and resiliency.